40. GALLERY: ADMINISTRATION BUILDING

 

 



View to north before adjacent main campground
road relocated to west. Note tents on Play Field at left.

 

Mount Madison is in the background in this easterly view.
Road shown followed the Peabody River to connect with Birch
Lane. It was removed near 1939 when the Play Field was created.

 

Pinkham B Road then and now, above when
originally adjacent to the Visitor Center,
relocated westward about 1939.

 

Photo courtesy of Bob Rich


 

Just to the right of the building can be seen the
1928-1950 bridge from Route 16 into Dolly Copp

 


Photo courtesy of David Veit


Caption reads "At Dolly Copp Forest Camp",
note Pine Mountain in background to north

Ranger Smitty in 1942